Friday, October 18, 2013

October 18th, 2013
Two big things happened today, so naturally I present today's blog in two parts.

Part 1: I Was Right And Karma Is A Bitch

Jonica, my dear roommate, went to find out the gender of her baby today. She's twenty weeks, so it's more than time to figure that shit out. She really wanted a girl because it would be her parent's first grandmother. So I always teased her that she would have a boy.

I WAS RIGHT HA.

But.

Now I know I'll have a girl. Despite my own mild to moderate hopes. (I've decided either will work. My roommate is right. The name really does make it okay. Lydia. <3)

Whoa, two McDonald's workers just went into the warehouse alone. You know they're doing something dirty.

Anyhey, Jonica is having a boy who she has named John Henry and he's going to be so cute! Apparently he's really long. (His body, not that. But apparently that too.) And I'm excited for her! And she's excited too, despite how not-girly he is.

I'mma have a nephew, J-Man!

Okay, onward to the next segment of today's not-sucky post.

Part 2: Sometimes People Surprise You

VIRTUE
FEELINGS

This is the philosophy I was taught growing up. That, while feelings have their place, always elevate virtue over feelings. Clearly I don't always partake, but you know who has lately?

Eddie.

That's right.

At 11:19 am today I got a phone call from him. The topics we discussed are as follows;

Eddie: So... I get the impression that you want us to end up together.
Me: Lol, no.

(I thought that was pretty funny though, and I think the entirety of my body blushed.)

Eddie: Are you sure you're pregnant? Are you sure it's mine?
Me: Yes. Yes.

(Yes.)

Eddie: Aspergers makes me a jerk.
Me: Clearly.

(He basically told me how it is unlikely he'll care for the child, a symptom of his autism. Not a matter of personal desire not to care. I secretly think he will one day.)

Eddie: But I will be involved.
Me: Eep.

(Huge relief.)

Me: How does being at the boy-or-girl appointment and at the hospital after the baby is born and once monthly after that sound for involvement?
Eddie: That sounds like a very reasonable place to start.

(WINWINWIN.)

So I know I might be too excited about this, but until now I was thinking he had already chosen not to be there for me or the baby. But he told me he will be when I need him, to message or text him if I'm ever freaking out (he confessed he won't be much help) and to keep him updated on what's going on.

I don't think anyone will understand how this, even just this, makes it all okay now. I don't even really understand why, but it does and I am so happy. And once again, excited over my baby.


>squee<

No comments:

Post a Comment